Healthy protein smoothie bowl perfect for a post-workout snack. It only takes 5 minutes an 3 ingredients to make!
I love a good fruit smoothie in the summer time. Usually I’ll get my workout done in the morning and then come home and make myself a smoothie in a blender. The concept of putting it into a bowl with toppings is a bit new to me, but I’m loving them so far.
This recipe is simple, takes about 5 minutes, and uses only a few ingredients. It’s perfect for a post-workout snack because it includes protein and carbohydrates to refuel your body and keep your energy levels up.
I’ve learned that with smoothie bowls, it’s all about the blend. You want to make sure it has a soft-serve-like consistency, so that you’re able to actually eat it with a spoon, rather than having to suck it through a straw like soup. No soup-ey-ness here, people! I hope that you enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- Protein powder (vanilla) – 1 scoop
- Frozen fruit – 1 cup
- A dash of almond milk
- Toppings listed below – to your desire
- Fresh fruit (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Optional: Chia Seeds
How to make it:
- Add frozen berries to the blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
- Add a bit of coconut or almond milk and protein powder, and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings (optional). I prefer fresh fruit and granola, but you can add chia seeds, hemp seeds or coconut shavings too!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.
- I am using Shakeology Vanilla Protein Powder. The brand also has a Vegan version. I get mine here. If you have any questions about Shakeology or Beachbody, ask her.
- The nutritional information below does not include the toppings.
Serving Size: 1 Smoothie Bowl | Calories: 230 | Total Fat: 2.5g | Carbohydrates: 30g | Sugar: 17g | Protein: 18g
I hope that you enjoyed my healthy protein smoothie bowl recipe! Super simple right? Perfect for after a workout to refuel and recover.
GET THE PRINTABLE VERSION:
What smoothie recipes are your favorites!? Let me know in the comments below!