Upgrade your breakfast! Here’s my 5-minute loaded avocado toast!
Good morning fam! Hope everyone has been having a great week so far! Since avocado toast is all the rage these days, and has seem to have gone from a secret breakfast dish to a popular mainstream favorite, here’s a recipe for you! This is one of my favorite ways to make it the oh-so-popular avocado toast. Such a simple recipe, yet it looks totally gourmet.
This recipe was inspired by a breakfast that I ordered when I was vacationing up in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I would have never thought to dress the simple dish up with arugula and salad dressing! This is my own take on that breakfast (which I ordered three days in a row while we were up there)!
We are totally upgrading from the normal breakfast toast, you guys! This is even an upgrade from normal avocado toast, so I hope you’re ready for this one! I know I am! This is my go-to breakfast dish when I’m feeling something more exciting than my typical egg whites and oats *yawn*.
Now let’s get onto it!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 1 slice multi-grain bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (I’m using fat-free for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 handful arugula lettuce (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/2 avocado
Here’s how to make it:
- Gather all ingredients.
- Spray 1 skillet with cooking oil and heat.
- Cook 1 egg over-easy on skillet (alt: can scramble, etc.)
- Toast slice of bread in toaster (alt: use separate skillet or toaster oven).
- Once bread is toasted, spread 1/2 avocado across.
- Layer cooked egg over avocado spread, followed by lettuce, and feta.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over top.
Hope you all enjoyed this simple recipe! This is one of my very favorite breakfast meals!
Note: All nutrition facts gathered through MyFitnessPal app.
How do you guys like to make avocado toast!?